When you complete a sale and you do not have quick checkout turned on you will be prompted to select a Receipt option. We suggest assigning a customer to the ticket before checkout to help with receipt options. If activate, you will be asked to assign a table or tag before selecting the receipt option.
From the Receipt window, you can:
- Tap Email receipt if you want to email the receipt to the customer. The system will use the email of the assigned customer. If one is not assigned, you can enter a new customer and email.
- Tap Print receipt if you want to print the receipt by itself. If you are not using digital signature capture and a customer pays with credit card, printing the receipt will print a copy for the customer to sign and return in addition to a customer copy to keep.
- Tap Gift Receipt if you want to print a receipt that does not show any item prices (turn this option on under POS Settings).
- Tap No receipt if the customer does not want a receipt.
- Tap Reprint signature capture if you want to reprint the sales draft for the customer to sign.
- Tap Tip to enter a tip amount from the sales draft signed by the customer (if you have tips turned on and if you are not using digital signature capture).
- To always require a customer's signature, enter $0.00 in the Require signature for purchases greater than field. To enable faster checkouts, you can enter a minimum dollar amount that will require a customer's signature. For more details view Payment Methods.
Understanding the customer and note toggles:
The Include Customer Info toggle will be enabled if there is a customer assigned to the ticket. Set this to ON if you want the customer's information to print on the receipt, including their name, address, email address and phone number (if available on the customer record).
The Include Notes toggle will be enabled if there are ticket and/or item notes included on the ticket. Set this to ON if you want these notes to print on the receipt.