The Safe Drop Pay Out can be used to track money that's been taken out of the POS and put into a safe but should still be included in a bank deposit.
Safe Drops are now reported separately from POS Cash Deposits on the store summary page so that managers can more accurately track the store’s money.
The Safe Drop Pay out code has always been available on the POS, but as of version 4.6, it can no longer be removed from the reason codes.
Safe Drop Example:
The example below illustrates how a Safe Drop work:
- Cashier completes a $349.00 cash sale.
- The Manager does a $10.00 Miscellaneous Payout (Pay Out Other) to get some supplies for the store.
- The Manager completes a $100.00 Safe Drop (with the exclude from store summary cash deposit flag enable)
- Shift ends
If the financial shift started with $0.00 in cash.
- After transaction1, the financial shift has $349.00 in cash.
- After the first pay out, the financial shift has $339.00 in cash.
- After the safe drop, my financial shift has $239.00 in cash.
- Once the shift ended, the cash drawer has $239.00 in cash, which is placed into the safe.
- At the end of the day, the manager takes the $100 safe drop from the shift and the $239 from the shift to the bank. He has $339.