Perform a refund to offset a transaction for a closed check that was ordered incorrectly or when a guest asks for their money back.
- Refunds can be made to any supported tender type.
- Refund mode is only active for a new check.
- You cannot perform a refund on a pending or closed checks.
- Refunds are not tied to an original sale transaction.
Follow these steps to perform a refund at the point of sale:
- At the order entry screen, tap to display the slide out menu. You can also access this slide out menu at the floor plan screen.
- Tap Refund Mode. The order entry screen appears and Refund appears across the guest check screen.
- Add the items for which you want to provide a refund.
- Tap Refund. The ‘tender’ screen appears.
- Tap the desired payment type and proceed as prompted. Since refunds are nor related to original sale transactions the refund can be issued to any supported form of payment.
- Close the ticket.