Settling a Batch of Credit Card Purchases
You can process a batch (group) settlement of credit card purchases at one time and in a manner you deem convenient. A batch is a collection of credit card transactions which must settle with the credit card processor.
You can establish a time to automatically submit your batch for processing, or you can manually submit it at an time.To configure the system to automatically submit credit card transactions for processing:
- Log in to your Back Office using a Web browser.
- Select Settings > Payments.
The Payment Methods screen appears.
- In the Integrated Credit section:
- Select Automatic radio button from the Batch Settlement field.
- Select a time for the batch to be sent using the Send Batch at, drop-down list. The time zone setting for batch submission is Eastern.
Note: If you select Automatic as your settlement type, you can still submit batches manually.
Tip: If you adjust tips at the end of your business day, select a settlement time that provides adequate time to adjust tips before automatic settlement occurs. Once settlement completes, you cannot make changes to a transaction.
- Click Save.
As soon as the batch settlement completes, you receive an email message with the results. The subject line contains the heading, SUCCESS
. If the batch settlement fails, contact the your customer care team for assistance at 1-877-270-3475.