The Safe Drop Pay Out can be used to track money that's been taken out of the POS and put into a safe but should still be included in a bank deposit.
Safe Drops are reported separately from POS Cash Deposits on the store summary page so that managers can more accurately track the store’s money.
Safe Drop Example:
The example below illustrates how a Safe Drop work:
- Cashier completes a $349.00 cash sale.
- The Manager does a $10.00 Miscellaneous Payout (Pay Out Other) to get some supplies for the store.
- The Manager completes a $100.00 Safe Drop (with the exclude from store summary cash deposit flag enable)
- Shift ends
If the financial shift started with $0.00 in cash.
- After transaction1, the financial shift has $349.00 in cash.
- After the first pay out, the financial shift has $339.00 in cash.
- After the safe drop, my financial shift has $239.00 in cash.
- Once the shift ended, the cash drawer has $239.00 in cash, which is placed into the safe.
- At the end of the day, the manager takes the $100 safe drop from the shift and the $239 from the shift to the bank. He has $339.