You have the option to send your customers their receipts as an email message. Use this feature to collect customer email addresses, to provide an added convenience to your customers, and to connect with your customers. You can add an image and an offer to your email receipts.
By default, the receipt email message displays the store information near the top of the receipt. The system uses the store information found in Settings > Store > Receipt Information.
The receipt email message displays the transaction details in the middle portion of the screen with a gray background. You cannot edit this information.
You can also display a message underneath the transaction details. Access Settings > Store > Receipt Information > Receipt message to edit the receipt message. This message appears on both printed and receipts sent through email.
- At EMAIL MARKETING, under ‘RECURRING EMAILS,’ select EMAIL RECEIPTS.
- Click Customize My Receipt.
- Accept the default subject line, or type a subject line for your receipt email message.
- Click in the top right corner of the image frame to add an image file to your email receipt. Refer to ‘Designing Your Email Message’ for more information on adding and editing images.
By default, the system places the image above the store information.
- At the bottom of the email message, click in the top right corner of the offer frame to add an offer to your email. Refer to ‘Designing Your Email Message’ for more information on adding and editing offers.
By default, the system places the offer at the bottom of the email message.
It is not necessary to remove the offer if you do not plan to include an offer in your email receipt message. The receipt email message only includes the offer if you configure an offer to include.
|Tip: Remember to preview your email message, test your email message with spam check, and send a test email message.|
See also:Adding a 'From' Email Address
- Click Save Changes.
Designing the Email Messages
Reprinting or Email a Receipt
Defining Check Close Options