Perform a refund to offset a transaction for a closed check that was ordered incorrectly or when a guest asks for their money back. You can refund money to a gift card.
- At the order entry screen, tap to display the slide out menu. You can also access this slide out menu on the floor plan screen.
- Tap Refund Mode. The order entry screen appears and Refund appears across the guest check screen.
- Enter the items for which you want to provide a refund.
- Tap Refund. The ‘tender’ screen appears.
- Slide the gift card through the MSR, confirm the amount to return to the gift card, and tap Done.
Tap INTGIFT, confirm the amount to return to the gift card, and tap Done. Slide the gift card through the MSR, or tap Enter manually, type the gift card number, and tap Submit.
The system loads the funds back onto the gift card.
- Tap Close.