NCR Silver Pro Restaurant contains two types of shifts, Labor and Financial. All employees clock in at the beginning of a shift, but only employees who enter orders or accept payments must start a financial shift.
- At the beginning of your shift, from the POS home screen, tap Clock In. The Select Job Code screen appears.
- Tap the job code for the job you will perform during this shift. The POS home screen re-appears. Additional options may appear based on the job code you select.
- Tap to logout, if you are not performing order entry, or continue to the next procedure to start a financial shift.
Starting a Financial Shift
It is necessary to start a financial shift prior to entering orders or accepting payments. When you start a financial shift, End Shift replaces Clock Out on the POS home screen.
On the POS home screen, tap Point of Sale or Takeout/Delivery. A ‘Starting New Shift’ prompt appears.
- Tap Yes. The POS floor plan or Takeout/Delivery appears, depending on your selection, unless you are required to select a cash drawer. If you are required to select a cash drawer, the Select a Cash Drawer screen appears.
- (Drawer Checkout Only) Select the cash drawer you want to use.
NOTE: If the maximum number of users are already assigned to the cash drawer, the drawer is grayed out and you cannot assign yourself to the cash drawer.
If you are the first user assigned to the drawer and the system requires you to enter a starting bank amount, an open cash drawer prompt appears and you must enter a cash amount.
If you are the second user assigned to the drawer, the Tabs screen appears.
- (Drawer Checkout Only) Tap Open to open the cash drawer so you can count the cash in the drawer.
- (Drawer Checkout Only) Enter the cash amount in the drawer and tap Done. A Drawer Paid In Chit prints. The Tabs screen appears.