Access Silver Back Office using a Web browser and use the Settings menu to configure your company information and store information.
Entering Your Company Information
Silver Back Office pre-populates the company information with the information entered when your account was created.
Select Settings > Company Information.
- Review and edit the Country of operation to change Localization settings such as currency indicators, address and date/time formats.
- Review and edit the name, phone number, and email address for the primary contact person for your company, if necessary.
- Review and edit the business name, if necessary.
- Type the Web site URL for your company. The system displays the Web site URL on receipts you print and email.
- Type the email address to use for email marketing. The system displays this email address as the ‘From’ email address in any email marketing messages.
- Click Save.
(Optional) Click Company Options on the left side of the screen.
- (Optional) Select Enable Drawer Checkout (by user role). Drawer checkout enables you to assign multiple users to the same cash drawer and to have your employees enter a starting and ending bank amount. If you do not plan to use Drawer Checkout, leave this option blank.
- If you enable Drawer Checkout, you must also access EMPLOYEES > USER ROLES and update your user role settings to enable a user role for drawer checkout.
- (Optional) Type the maximum number of users per cash drawer.
- (Optional) Click Ask for starting bank to require the POS to prompt employees to enter a starting bank amount.
- (Optional) Click Ask for ending bank to require the POS to prompt employees to enter an ending bank amount.
- (Optional) Click Allow Multiple Drawer Shifts to allow cashiers to open drawer shifts on multiple cash drawers. This allows them to complete transactions from multiple devices, on multiple drawers.
- (Optional) Select Print non-priced modifiers on guest check to have non-priced modifiers not appear on customer receipts. They will only appear on kitchen chits.
- Click Save.
Entering Your Store Information
Store information enables you to designate information to appear on the customer receipt and to configure store specific settings. The settings are split into Store Configuration and Store Options.
- Select Settings > Store. The Store Configuration will appear.
- Review and edit the name, phone number, and email address of the primary store contact for NCR support, if necessary. The system retrieves the information entered when creating your account.
- Under ‘Receipt information, type the store name.
|Note: Any information you enter under 'Receipt information' appears on the receipts you provide to your customers.|
- Type the address. You can optionally type additional address information in Address 2.
- Type the city, state, and zip code.
- Type the store phone number.
- In Receipt Message, type any additional information you want to appear on your receipts.
- Click Preview Email Receipt to view a receipt on the screen.
- Select Tip Message to type a message and set tip amount suggestions to appear on the guest check.
- Click Save.
Click Store Options on the left side of the screen.
- Select Gratuity to allow customers to provide non-cash tips. When you select ‘Gratuity,’ it is necessary to define a gratuity tax under Settings > Taxes, if you are subject to gratuity tax.
- Select Subtract Tip and Gratuity totals from cash calculations in financial shifts to have the system remove employee tips and gratuities earned from the ‘Total Cash Owed’ amount at the end of a shift. By default, the system enables this feature. By enabling the feature, the employee potentially keeps any tips earned. To not have the system subtract tips and gratuity totals from the ’Total Cash Owed’ amount, clear this feature.
- Select which Order Modes to enable. When you select this feature, Silver Back Office adds the Phone/Drive Thru icon to the POS home screen and additional options appear. Enabling different order mode allows you to manage a queue specific to that order type.
- (Optional) Delivery, Takeout and Catering orders have an additional option for Simple Order Name. When active, When active, simple order name allows you to enter a one-time-use name for the order instead of creating an additional customer record in your system for every order.
- (Quick Service Only) Select Prompt for Order Mode to prompt employees to select Dine In or Takeout for customer orders.
- (Quick Service Only) Select Print ‘Dine In’ on Kitchen Chits to print ‘***DINE IN***’ on kitchen chits for dine in orders. Otherwise, a header identifying an order as a Dine In order does not print on the kitchen chit. Takeout and Delivery always prints on kitchen chits for those order modes.
- (Optional) Select a charge to apply to order modes. You can also have a charge automatically apply to a ticket when you select takeout or delivery order mode. You must first setup a charge.
- Click Enable Breaks to add the option for employees to take non-paid breaks during their shift. When an employee logs in to the POS and clocks in, a Start Break icon is added to the POS home screen.
- Type the minimum amount of minutes to enforce for breaks, which is the required amount of time an employee must remain on break. If an employee wishes to return to break early, a supervisor’s approval is required.
- (Optional) Select a Dine in Charge to add charges to dine in orders, for example a license tax.
- (Optional) Select Automatically close pre-paid orders for online orders. When you select this feature, fully paid online orders will not appear in the Takeout/Delivery queue and will not require you to close the order. Rather, as soon as the POS receives the order, a customer receipt prints and the order is closed. Note: This feature does not appear until you receive at least one online order.
- (Optional) Enter a takeout download threshold time for online orders designated as takeout to print a kitchen chit. By default, the POS prints a kitchen chit to the defined kitchen printers 30 minutes prior to the order target time.
- (Optional) Enter a delivery download threshold time for online orders designated as delivery to print a kitchen chit. By default, the POS prints a kitchen chit to the defined kitchen printers 60 minutes prior to the order target time.
- (Optional) You can change your preferred method of guest counting.
- Table Service users can count by occupied seat (the default), by guest count prompt or by items.
- Quick Service users can count as 1 guest per transaction (the default mode), by prompt or by item.
- Click Save.